When you’re ready to recover from substance use challenges, you need to find a treatment program that fits your needs. But if you don’t know what kind of rehab program to look for, you can easily become lost, confused, and overwhelmed. Most addiction recovery programs fall into two categories: inpatient or outpatient. Inpatient programs require that you live onsite at the rehab facility. Outpatient programs do not. Here at Meta Addiction, we specialize in outpatient care.
We offer three different kinds of outpatient programs: partial hospitalization (PHP), intensive outpatient (IOP), and outpatient (OP). Each level offers a different intensity so you’re able to live your life while receiving the level of support you need. Our partial hospitalization program is the most intense and our outpatient service is the most flexible. Here’s what you need to know about each program, what they offer, and how they differ from other treatment options.
Partial Hospitalization (PHP): Structured Yet Effective
Partial Hospitalization Program is a form of treatment that combines aspects of both outpatient and inpatient care. When you’re enrolled in this program, you may choose to live at home or in a more controlled living environment. Either way, you’ll attend substance use treatment in a structured setting like you would in an inpatient program during the day. You won’t be fully admitted into an inpatient program, but you won’t simply attend a single treatment session and go home, either.
PHP is a blend of structure and flexibility. The daily schedule varies from center to center, but you can expect to attend treatment sessions two, three, or five times a week for a designated amount of time per session.
Benefits of PHP rehab programs can include:
- An easier transition from inpatient to outpatient services
- Regular interaction with medical and behavioral health professionals
- Personalized behavioral health care
- Affordable treatment (in comparison to some residential programs)
- Flexible schedule to meet outside commitments
Here at Meta Addiction, PHP is our highest level of care. Our treatment sessions take place Monday through Friday from 9 am to 3:30 pm. This program can last anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks, depending on client needs. During that time, you’ll participate in behavioral therapy and attend peer support groups.
During PHP, you’ll focus on recovering from addiction and increasing your personal growth and life skills. A typical session might include:
- Discussions about substance use and any co-occurring disorders you may have
- Conversations about your family structure and your role in the family unit
- Mindfulness-based meditation
- Group and individual therapy
- Peer-driven discussions
- Life skills
Intensive Outpatient (IOP): Structured Yet Flexible
An intensive outpatient program is structured but less strict than a partial hospitalization program. You might consider an IOP once you complete a PHP but want to continue a form of structured addiction recovery treatment before enrolling in a more flexible outpatient program. IOP levels of care are especially ideal if you have a safe home environment and are juggling work or family commitments. Although the time dedicated to behavioral therapy and other aspects of treatment varies, you can expect to have anywhere from 9 to 20 hours of group and individual therapy each week.
There are many benefits of an intensive outpatient program, which can include:
- Additional recovery support before leaving a treatment program or moving to a more flexible treatment option
- Opportunities to strengthen family relationships
- Receiving treatment while maintaining your privacy
- Keeping your job so you can continue to support your family
- Maintaining your daily and weekly routine
- Getting help and support from your family and friends
- Less expensive costs
Our IOP sessions take place Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm and last for 4 to 6 weeks. During our intensive outpatient program, you’ll attend group support sessions while you undergo cognitive and dialectical behavioral therapy.
Like our PHP, our IOP includes:
- Individual and group sessions with licensed clinicians
- Conversations about substance use and co-occurring disorders
- Life skills training
- Family therapy
- Mindfulness and meditation
- 12-step groups
Outpatient (OP): Flexible Yet Beneficial
The least intensive treatment option is an outpatient program. This specific program can be very beneficial if you’re struggling with a mild substance use challenge or have already attended higher levels of treatment. Outpatient programs are flexible enough to schedule around your weekly commitments. Instead of having designated daytime hours for treatment sessions, outpatient care allows you to engage in treatment during more flexible hours, such as the evening or weekends. Some of the most common benefits you might find with outpatient care include:
- Lower cost, particularly when compared to residential treatment programs
- Flexible hours, allowing you to keep your job or care for family during the day
- Access to family, since outpatient programs generally meet in the evenings
You can participate in our outpatient treatment sessions after you’ve completed higher levels of addiction treatment at Meta Addiction or another accredited rehabilitation program. Our specific program meets Monday through Friday in the evenings. Group sessions last for 45 to 60 minutes and individual sessions last 30 minutes to an hour. In addition to behavioral therapy, you’ll participate in the following treatment activities:
- Group and individual counseling sessions
- Like skills education
- Conversations about family roles and the family structures
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Discussions about identity and personality
Outpatient Care Designed to Fit Your Needs
Here at Meta Addiction Treatment, our mission is to empower you to take charge of your recovery from substance use challenges. At the same time, we know that not everyone needs or benefits from the same type of treatment. That’s why we offer 3 different types of outpatient care. In each one, you’ll receive group and individual counseling, develop key life skills, improve family relationships, and participate in behavioral therapy. Different levels require more time than others, but all of them can help you get on the path to long-term recovery. Call us today at 844-909-2560 if you or a loved one are looking for a personalized outpatient treatment program.